We have extensive experience in mined land reclamation requiring entire watershed reconstruction. We partner with Water & Earth Technologies to produce PE certified watershed and hydrologic structure designs. Our designs create stable topography that incorporates:
- Erosion and sediment control,
- Water treatment,
- Protection of structural improvements,
- Aesthetics, and
- Aquatic and riparian habitat features.
We have extensive experience managing National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits and developing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
NPDES permits establish water quality standards, specify monitoring and set reporting schedules. The SWPPP details methods and treatments addressing site stabilization, erosion control, sediment containment, and water treatment measures. Our SWPPP select and deploy the sediment control methods and practices best suited for your project based on regulatory requirements and site specific conditions.
Best Management Practices
Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to control erosion and to promote water infiltration and subsequent vegetation establishment including:
- Minimizing disturbance;
- Modifying surface topography,
- Contour ripping and furrowing,
- Surface roughening and imprinting,
- Check dams and gabions,
- Vegetation filters,
- Wattles, filter socks, and
- Various channel linings
- Size of the disturbed area,
- Availability and operating cost of equipment,
- Material, installation and maintenance costs, and
- Proximity to adjacent surface water features.